We believe in ensuring and promoting environmental responsibility and seek advice from CEOs in the energy industry.
- Our main consideration is school workshop travel. We reduce our carbon
footprint with careful timetable planning to ensure minimum traveling distance. The freelancers car share and the Executive Director drives an electric car, charged through solar energy when possible – this has halved project carbon emissions. One of our workshop leads uses an electric bike.
- We review our use of print after every project and ensure we only print what is necessary to avoid excess waste eg. programmes. Any resources left over are used for future projects or recycled responsibly
- We have implemented online resources through the provision of lyrics, scores and backing tracks to save printing. Creative leaders use electronic scores during workshops and rehearsals.
- E-tickets were used for performances and the workforce recycle left over ink cartridges and paper.
- Screens are used for reviewing meeting documents and all correspondence is sent electronically.
- The operational and management team work from home and use local businesses for printing and resources to offset carbon emissions.
- We also use an electronic filing system accessible to the team and online meetings.